In the Keto Masterclass for Practitioners, I provide you with the research and resources you need to understand the basic foundations of the diet. I give you my 1-on-1 support in the form of 3 30-minute power sessions. These will help implement dietary changes with your patients because you can benefit from all my experience and practical tips I’ve gathered over the past seven years of my career helping others.
The Keto Masterclass will help you focus on the essentials so that you’re not distracted and can start helping others as soon as possible. It’s a self-paced online course, which means that you can live anywhere in the world and access the material any time as long as you have your computer and an internet connection- or you have downloaded the files.
Allow me to take you by the hand and guide you through every step of the ketogenic diet - from preparation to implementation and making it sustainable.
[Patricia] has a vast amount of knowledge in regards to the ketogenic diet and the science behind it. I can say this is an excellent course that she has put together. I am very grateful for the information she provides on her websites and for this powerful ecourse she has painstakingly put togetherTracy, UK
I did not find any programs relating the keto diet to cancer so for me it is unique and does not require me to go abroad to learnCathy, Canada
This Masterclass is for you if:
- You're a health practitioner or doctor who wants to learn the nuts and bolts of a ketogenic diet from an experienced keto authority.
- You need more than a course: You also want 1-on-1 support and direct access to an experienced keto authority.
- You want to be able to offer a low carb or ketogenic approach in your clinic.
- You need a blueprint and clear instructions you can follow with your clients.
- You don’t have the time or money to attend live training courses and conferences.
- You’re keen to learn from an experienced keto practitioner who values the practical application as much as the underlying science.
- You want to learn from someone who has seen and lived all perspectives- the practitioner side but also the perspective of a patient and carer.
- You’d like to connect with other keto practitioners around the world.
- You’re not a practitioner but very well read and informed (a nutrition geek, so to speak!) when it comes to science and nutrition so that you feel confident enough taking this course.
This Masterclass is NOT for you if:
- You're a total beginner in nutrition. In that case, the "Keto for Beginners" course is more suitable for you.
- You have found your "niche" and don't think a low carb or ketogenic diet will ever suit your client base.
- You feel a carbohydrate-restricted diet is just another “fad diet” that you don’t need to know anything about.
- You’re already an expert in the ketogenic diet and know the nuts and bolts as well as its practical application.
- You don’t like learning online and prefer to attend live courses and events.
Module 1: Discover
It's always helpful to discuss the importance of diet with your patients by providing some scientific facts and knowledge- in a simplified way they can follow, of course. Understanding the main mechanisms behind the diet often makes it easier for patients to start and stick to a new dietary approach. Change is hard, but knowing the "why" makes it much more realistic!
In this module you will learn:
- The basic concepts and mechanisms of the ketogenic diet.
- What blood tests to do at the beginning and for ongoing monitoring.
- How to avoid the biggest mistakes many people make when starting the ketogenic diet.
- Basic food knowledge and a first idea of what foods to focus on for the ketogenic diet.
By end of module 1 you should be able to:
- Explain what metabolic changes happen when decreasing dietary carbohydrate intake.
- Talk about the results of blood tests.
- Know how to conduct further research.
- Avoid the major pitfalls of the ketogenic diet.
- Distinguish between potentially more or less ketogenic foods.
Module 2: Prepare and Organise
This module gives you tips on how to prepare your patients and get them organised to avoid overwhelm before beginning the ketogenic diet.
In this module you will learn:
- Essential knowledge on the macronutrients fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- How to read labels from a keto perspective.
- How to do a pantry swipe for the ketogenic diet.
- What to stock up on when shopping and how to store food.
- What supplements best support the diet.
By end of module 2 you should be able to:
- Know how to talk to your patients about fats, protein and carbohydrates.
- Learn what to avoid buying in shops based on the labels.
- Know what foods to stock up on and what to get rid of.
- Understand which supplements you need to consider for your patients.
- Know where to check for drug-nutrient interactions.
Module 3: The First Steps
After lots of learning and preparing, it's time to guide your patient through the first steps in the implementation of the ketogenic diet.
In this module you will learn:
- Which equipment can be beneficial on the ketogenic diet- what is essential, what is optional?
- How to track glucose and ketone levels with different tools.
- What the optimal “metabolic range” is and how to avoid stress around this topic.
- How to calculate individualised macronutrient ratios.
- How and what foods to start replacing first with your clients.
- How to get your clients to make simple keto meals and snacks.
By end of module 3 you should be able to:
- Decide what equipment will be particularly useful for your patients on the ketogenic diet.
- Have a clear idea on how to start the ketogenic diet.
- Personalise the macronutrient ratios for your patient's unique needs and circumstances.
- Track blood glucose and ketone levels, depending on what stage your patient is at.
- Design meals that have your patient's personalised ketogenic ratio.
- Become more creative with leftovers and “extras” to make meals ketogenic.
Module 4: Individualising Keto Protocols
The fourth module shows you the nuts and bolts of a full ketogenic diet and how you can fine tune it to your patient's needs.
In this module you will learn:
- About basic keto meal planning.
- How to track meals with free online tools- and how to hack them to make them keto-friendly.
- How fasting and calorie restriction can be beneficial and how to incorporate it into your protocols.
- What to do when there are side effects on the ketogenic diet and how to do trouble shooting.
By end of module 4 you should be able to:
- Plan and track meals.
- Implement a safe fasting strategy to enhance the effects of ketosis.
- Know when calorie restriction can be used and when you have to be careful.
- Recognise side effects caused by being in ketosis.
- Do basic trouble-shooting.
Module 5: Practical Matters
This module is full of tips and tricks on how to make the diet sustainable in the long term and how to modify it if necessary.
In this module you will learn:
- How to avoid problems with nutrient deficiencies by learning about particularly nutrient-dense, keto-friendly foods.
- What patients can eat when they're outside their home.
- How to prepare for travelling.
- How to incorporate the ketogenic diet into family life.
- How to eat keto on a budget.
- What to do on sick days.
By end of module 5 you should be able to:
- Incorporate nutrient-dense foods into a keto protocol.
- Know what to eat when travelling, eating out or in sickness.
- Making your patient's life easier by ensuring that only one meal has to be cooked with a family.
- Know what foods to emphasise and tricks to use if budget is restricted.
Module 6: Lifestyle Matters
No nutrition masterclass would be complete without talking about lifestyle and you all know that diet is just one piece of a big puzzle! The final module is about the most important lifestyle factors to consider with your cancer patients to further enhance their quality of life.
In this module you will learn:
- How your patient can eat in a more mindful way and combat cravings with tools that suit.
- About Emotional Freedom Technique and how to use it to deal with physical and emotional pain.
- How important sleep and light is for healing and steps to take to improve sleep.
- Where toxins are in the environment and how first measures can be taken to reduce toxic exposure.
- How exercise can help and what to do to get a tailored exercise regime that suits your patient's circumstances.
By end of module 6 you should be able to:
- Get a deep understanding of how important lifestyle measures are for your patients.
- Design a lifestyle programme that suits your patient and becomes second nature.
- Teach your patient how to take simple steps towards a more wholesome lifestyle.
I haven't found anything comparable on the market. I've found that most of the material available is in book form and only provides a brief introduction to keto and then recipes or meal plans. What makes your program so useful is that it gets down to the nitty-gritty of how it all works and exactly what you need to do. The charts and downloads you provide have been invaluable. The video format helps me to understand and also makes it more engaging and interesting.Kristy, USA
What makes this program different is that [Patricia] lives keto every day and has for several years. She's not just re-writing something she heard somewhere else, and that's obvious when she teaches it. It's also more thorough than anything else I've found.
- Take advantage of my research and nutrition knowledge that I’ve acquired over the past nine years of practicing, lecturing and studying. I've spent thousands of USDs on resources, attending conferences and doing courses abroad and online.
- Benefit from my vast experience of working with and motivating clients on a one-on-one basis.
- There is no comparable programme on the market and ketogenic knowledge is not currently taught in major colleges or universities.
- Figuring the diet out without professional help can be incredibly frustrating, time-consuming and overwhelming. I've been there!
- This programme has been tried, tested and fine tuned by both practitioners and patients following and learning about the ketogenic diet.
- Get access to the full course including all bonus material.
- Our best-selling book "The Ketogenic Kitchen" has been used by 10,000s of people across the world.
- Access to my eBooks with a total of 120+ recipes that are keto-friendly and allow you to fine tune your diet. No more worries whether you can trust a particular keto recipe you come across!
- Get peer support via a private facebook group exclusive to course participants where you can ask questions.
- Bonus sessions that include an ever-expanding library of resources covering current topics that are relevant for any cancer patient.
- Any new additions, expert videos and research I'm sharing will be made available as part of the course.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can anybody follow a ketogenic diet?
No. I would be lying if I said it was easy and didn’t require any particular commitment! Patients need to be willing and able to make change, otherwise they will not get the desired results. In my experience, cancer patients are a highly motivated patient group that are more than willing to make change.
Also, there are clear contraindications to a ketogenic diet and it is important that you read this blog post here before you consider starting the diet with a patient.
Is the ketogenic diet effective and safe?
For certain conditions like Type 2 diabetes and obesity, the evidence for using a carbohydrate-restricted diet has become strong over the past few years. We do have a strong safety record from the use of the ketogenic diet in epileptic patients, though. For certain chronic conditions, I don’t recommend doing the ketogenic diet as a stand-alone treatment (i.e. without doing conventional treatment) and recommend that patients always consult their doctor before embarking on a ketogenic diet.
Can you guarantee that my patients will be in nutritional ketosis after me guiding them through your programme?
No, there is no guarantee for anybody that they will be in nutritional ketosis after following the programme. Everybody responds differently- some people go into ketosis within a few days whereas for others it can take weeks or sometimes even months.
Your patients will be on a clear path to nutritional ketosis, though, and benefit from the knowledge they acquired while implementing the diet.
What happens if someone suffers from food allergies or intolerances?
There will be lots of recipes, guidelines and tips available that also cater for different allergies and intolerances. I have several tools that can help you detect intolerances.
Do I learn how to fine tune my patient's protocol?
You can fine tune your patient’s programme based on your blood tests and food preferences/sensitivities but also depending on where you live and the seasons.
You will learn how to calculate macronutrient ratios, tailor meal plans to your patient’s needs, incorporate other strategies to enhance ketosis like calorie restriction, fasting, lifestyle changes and others .
Can the ketogenic diet be followed on a restricted budget?
This is a very common problem. Many patients with a chronic condition have probably already spent lots of money on treatments, supplements or equipment. That’s why I’ve included a section on eating on a budget that provides lots of tips, tools and techniques to make the ketogenic diet affordable.
What about vegetarians or vegans?
I’ve guided patients through a vegetarian or vegan ketogenic diet before, however it does require even more specialised guidance than ketogenic diet that includes animal products. It’s doable but not something I encourage. A vegan diet undoubtedly needs specific support with supplements.
Can I do this course if I'm not based in Europe?
Although I’m based in Europe (Ireland), many of the practitioners on my course (and indeed my clients) are based in the USA, Australia, South Africa or the Middle East. It doesn’t matter where you live, you’ll be able to study and connect from anywhere in the world and start implementing my blueprint.
What if there are areas that interest me but you don't cover them in your course?
I will certainly consider running a webinar or doing a video on an area that I feel is of great benefit to everyone. Otherwise, we can also discuss this during one of your 1-on-1 sessions. While I certainly have my limits when it comes to knowledge, I have a vast network of colleagues that I can refer you on to if I can’t answer all your questions.
Do you offer a discount if I only want to take the Masterclass, without your individual guidance?
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss!
This product comes with a zero risk, 14-day and 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you bought this eCourse and it didn’t fulfil your expectations or it isn’t right for you, I’ll refund your money!
WHY WORK WITH PATRICIA?
Patricia Daly is an experienced and internationally recognized Nutritional Therapist (BA Hons, dipNT, mBANT, rCNHC) and co-author of the bestselling book "The Ketogenic Kitchen". Following her cancer diagnosis in 2008, she left her corporate career and started studying nutrition, specialising in the area of Integrative Cancer Care. As a Swiss native, she regularly attends training courses and conferences in Switzerland/Germany, including at the renowned Tumor Biology Center in Freiburg, Germany. Also, she is currently in the dissertation phase of her MSc in Advanced Nutrition through Middlesex University in London, UK. Her work and research focuses on the ketogenic metabolic approach for cancer patients.
Her network with both complementary and orthodox health professionals allows her to stay up-to-date with current research and best practice. She is also a member of the British Society for Integrative Oncology.
Patricia has worked with hundreds of patients across the world to help them implement a tailored metabolic diet, making her one of the leading and longstanding authorities in the world of ketogenics. She lectures at the Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health and regularly receives invitations to speak at international conferences, like for instance at the Metabolic Therapeutics Conference at USF in Tampa, Florida. She also writes articles for magazines and books.
In January 2014, her first eBook, "Practical Keto Meal Plans", was published. It has since been purchased by both cancer patients and healthcare professionals, including oncologists, from all over the world. And in spring 2016, she published a bestselling book "The Ketogenic Kitchen" on the benefits of the low carb and ketogenic diet for cancer patients, which she has co-written with Irish chef and entrepreneur Domini Kemp. The book was published in the USA by Chelsea Green in autumn 2016 and quickly became a bestseller on Amazon US. In 2018, the book was also published in Germany as "Ketogene Diät bei Krebs: Das Therapie-Kochbuch".
Also in 2014, in response to growing demand, she decided to set up an online business to serve cancer patients, their carers and other healthcare professionals interested in the ketogenic approach.